Last week, the middle school class traveled to Lafayette, Georgia to attend Earthskills Rendezvous, where they.......
- Arrived at Rendezvous before dark on Monday and set up their tents by daylight (woo hoo!)
- Hiked at Cloudland Canyon on Tuesday and saw three waterfalls.
- Enjoyed blacksmithing and knife sharpening and made atlatls, copper bracelets, wooden spoons, bamboo cups, cheese, and much more in their classes.
- Cheerfully did their daily chores, volunteered to help Sharon make lunch, and were genuinely helpful when it was their turn to work in the main kitchen.
- Impressed the instructors with their great questions and stick-to-it-iveness.
- Enjoyed drumming at the council fire.
- Learned about business from Rob at the Abo Outlet and sold some of the things they made there.
- Played Capture the Flag with other Rendezvous youth and participated in a youth Trading Blanket.
- Closed on Sunday with a laughing circle lead by two of our students.
Enormous thanks are due to all the Magnolia adults who made it possible. We appreciate your time, your patience, and your dedication to our middle school class.